RE: I wonder ...

Hi Garry,

I have always thought ACTown NSTs were built very well...  They talk up
quality pretty heavily and they don't cost that much more new...  They are
sort of rare used.  NSTs that fail a lot tend to show up in the junk pile
more often...

It seems like the quality of most NSTs depends on the person that was
building them that day.  Some are all screwed up and others are perfect...

Over the years I have heard both good and bad about Jefferson, Transco,
Allanson...  Then you have to consider how many years it was sitting in a
neon sign at from -30 to +110F temperatures (low humidity too here in
Colorado)...  Then you have to worry about how long the rain and rust
drained into it at the junk yard or in back of the sign shop in the
"pile"...  By the time us at the end of the chain get hold of an NST, there
is no telling what we have except plugging it in and hoping it still works
well enough.  In the case of MMCs, we get those almost always new so there
is not too much that can go wrong and the manufacturers are all known for
high quality in that industry.

If we always got our NSTs new then we would have a very good idea of the
quality differences.  However, there is so much that can happen to them,
despite how well they were made in the first place, that the original
manufacturing quality looses much importance.

IMHO

Cheers,

	Terry