gap bangs vs breakout, chargeup, and other madness

Ok, 6" coil with a 12"x40+" toroid, 12-180nst farm...you know the drill

I have a MASSIVE toroid on this thing, and I still have never seen the
"Before Breakout" condition I hear of. EVERY time the gap fires, no matter
what the voltage input, there is breakout of some form, even if it's only
6". The coil has ALWAYS been like this, no matter what the topload is, power
supply, etc.. If the gap fired, there was breakout, unless it was out of
tune. If it was out of tune (not hard to do at all, it's very picky for
tuning) then there is no breakout at all, or VERY poor breakout.

Why?

btw: Building the massive toroid had no serious effect on the number of
streamers or streamer length, I still get a few, and they still top out at
about 40-50"

poo

have fun

duck