Re: Racing arc clues...

In a message dated 5/30/01 7:45:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I have found that I can run my unit at
>  almost any power level on one day with perfect results, pack it up, set it
> up
>  again on another day in exactly the same place, same rf grounds, the power
>  supply is still where I left it, and then get racings arcs up and down the
>  secondary. I always wipe down the secondary, topload, and primary with a
> cloth
>  before running.

Robin,

I wonder if your line voltage could be varying enough from day to day
to cause the problem?  I wonder if changes in atmospheric pressure
or humidity might be causing the racing sparks?  If you're running it
outdoors, maybe more wind (or less) promotes the racing sparks?

Just tossing around some ideas.

John Freau