Re:No 2cndary form

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Jbryantmou-at-aol-dot-com>

I was thinking along those lines myself.  Maybe using a wax cylinder as a
form, coating the outside of the coil with poly, overlapping the top of the
wax at the top and then using hot air to melt out the wax after the poly
cures.  The overlap at the top would prevent the wax from spilling to the
outside of the coil.  I would want a form I could slide into the coil
whenever I needed to transport it somewhere, but I would think the poly on
just the outside would hold the coil well enough while it's in use.  There
might be a material better than wax to use in terms of ease of removal.
Maybe ice (if you have access to an ice house and some form of plastic
coating that can be worked with in subzero temps...not to mention a parka).