Re: Mica (and turning)

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "ebyng by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<ebyng-at-netlimit-dot-com>

> Hello again.
> I found a guy the other day that makes little parts for "something" out of
> mica.
> Beats me what he uses the stuff for, but he has it in HUGE quantities.
> If i stuck a long bit on the lathe, made it round and then drilled out the
> center REALLY carefully with a press, would that work as a secondary coil
> form??
> >From what I know, Its kinda brittle, so it'd probably go smaller than 4in
> by 2/3ft....
>
> Would that be better than pvc, or bout the same? or worse???
>
> Thanks

> Free email with personality! Over 200 domains!
> http://www.MyOwnEmail-dot-com

Hi S...

WOW!!!   mica in that quantity??

i dont think that mica as a secondary will increase performance that much
more. just
thinking....  why even drill the center out?? Mica has a whole lot better K
than air anyway
;)  .

Scot D