First Light, well if you include the SG

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <stanmoore-at-mindspring-dot-com>

Questions for the group.

I cranked up the TC for the first time this evening.  The SRSG is firing, but
nothing else.  As a test, I connected one leg of a small neon bulb to the input
of the primary from the MMC and get a very weak glow.  I would appreciate any
directions to take, especially in lieu of any elaborate test equipment.  Here
are the particulars:

NST:  15kv/30ma
Secondary:  28AWG, 1400 turns on a 3.5" OD PVC form, coil length about 21"
Primary: 1/4" OD tubing, .5" spacing, 12 turns, first diameter is 6"
First turn of the secondary is about 1/2" above the top of the primary, which
is flat.
MMC: 3 strings for a total c of 12nf.  Each cap has a 10megohm drain resistor.
Toriod is 4" OD metal duct work,   The toriod diameter is 17".
I am using Terry's NST protection circuit with a safety gap in parallel with
the RSG.
RSG:  1800 sync, 4 rotating posts for 120 bps.  Spark is firing on the leading
edge of the brass electrodes.
RF Ground:  bottom of secondary, center electrode of the safety gap, NST
protection ground, and primary strike rail all connected together and terminate
to a dedicated ground rod.
I am using variacs on the supply to the NST and to the RSG.  I have not yet
tried any phase adjustment of the SRSG.
I used the 28AWG from the top of the secondary to attach to the toriod via a
screw.
All interconnecting wiring is 12AWG Radio Shack speaker wire.
I have a DVM and have ohmed out what I know to check and have continuity.  Not
sure how to check to the viability of the MMC.

Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stan