Re: MOTS (i'm new at this) where do they fit in?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

MOTs are a makeshift high voltage supply used by some
coilers, including me.  They are at the bottom of the
barrel, as far as I'm concerned.  If you can find
something else, anything else, to power your Tesla
coil, then skip the MOTs.  Many beginners embrace them
because they are cheap and available, but they are a
poor choice for newbies as they are too hard to employ
successfully.  If you insist on using a MOT (or 2 or
4), you'll need a bigger Tesla coil to exploit the
power those little beasts put out.

Greg
www.angelfire-dot-com/ga3/tesla