From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 10:43 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: All pain no gain

Original poster: "Nathan Morris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<themfam-at-home-dot-com>

Mr. Couture

I ran my numbers using the JHCTES program 3.2 and I came up with a primary
tap of 11.83.  I have been trying to rerun my numbers using  JavaTC 7.04 but
the tuning feature is not working at this moment.  I would like to clarify
right now that the gross miscalculation of my primary tap was a result of my
haste and NOT JavaTC 7.04.  As soon as I am able to use the tuning feature
again I will double check my numbers and find out where I went wrong.  I do
have to admit, having used both programs I find JavaTC 7.04 to be more
flexible.  While running 3.2 I had to go back to 7.04 for a quick re calc on
my secondary in order to complete the number of turns and turns per inch
fields required on 3.2.  I also had to enter a S.W.A.G in the torroid
capacitance field.  Unfortunately I do not have the necessary tools needed
to measure capacitance readily available.  This leaves me reading the
nomenclature on the pri caps and guestimating on my torroid capacitance, or
if I am using 7.04 I can input the data in the torroid dimension fields and
let it guestimate for me.    JHCTES 3.2 is fast and to the point.  I have
added it to my favorites for this reason.  This is just my take on a
comparrison of the two programs.  I have also checked out Ed's spredsheet
and have tried to open E-Tesla6 with Excell.  Now every time I go there and
try to open it, Excell pops up on my screen with an error message.

--Nate