Series Variacs

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I have two 120 volt variacs. One is 5,000 watts and
the other 5,500 watts (for incandescant loads). Can I
simply series them and run at 240 volts, using the two
wipers as the outputs? I don't currently use a
neutral, so I don't invision connecting anything to
the "center tap". I don't see how this arrangement
would need chokes. The variacs can be more or less
ganged, so I should be able to keep them fairly equal.

thanks
Adam

--------------
 ^	      )