Re: SRSG & Static in Series

In a message dated 3/18/01 1:45:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Team
>
>  Ran Tesla at full power with new SRSG, smooth operation but o/p less than
RQ
>  type Static.
>
>  Anyone tried SRSG and RQ Static in series.
>
>  Rgdss
>  Ted Linney in NZ

Ted,

The two types of gaps can be used in series if there's enough
voltage available to fire them both reliably.  If you're running with
MOT's, Pigs, or some sort of high powered transformer, then
what you propose may help.  If you're using NST's then I would
suspect that your capacitor value is too small.  Possibly the
SRSG phase is not correct.  When using a RQ gap only, the
capacitor value is not quite as important.  When using a SRSG
(with or without RQ gap), the cap value is very important.  If
you're running an LTR cap, then the value is fine.  I assume
you're using 100 bps.

The so-called RQ gap was invented by the TCBOR, so I
prefer to call it a TCBOR gap, to give credit where it's due.

John Freau