RE: what is an rf ground?

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Hello Mark:
My grounding expererience with my first 900W coil:
Initially I used a #4 awg cable and a large battery clamp to connect my RF
ground tie point to the steel rebar of my backyard (former) satellite dish
pier. But the concrete was dry and so was the ground. Texas summer ya know.
The inital contact was not good. Then I hosed the pier down...really soaked
the ground around it.. and performance improved. The pier is about 3x3x3

At the Hangmans House of Horrors I drilled through the 4 inch slab and
pounded a copper ground rod about 5 feet down though wet mud/clay/sand. I
connected that same battery clamp to the end and performance was
excellent...see http://www.flash-dot-net/~ford29/tesla/HHH01.jpg

Tuning was strictly according to accepted coil procedure and the ground was
not involved.

Safety First

Ted

======================
Subject: what is an rf ground?

Original poster: "marko by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<moyson-at-tig-dot-com.au>

Hello!

i am just confused as to what an RF ground is. Is it the same as a normal
tesla coil ground??as simple as a steak in the ground? or does an RF ground
have special compnents??
What about tuning? is it possible to "tune" a grounding??
My understanding is that  an RF ground is tuned. but i have no idea how this
is done. Can anyone help me on this?
thanks,
mark.