RE: E-Teala6 and JHCTES Programs

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>

Terry -

Thank you for the information you have sent below. I found that the E-Tesla6
program agrees very well with the JHCTES program when you change the
Secondary Term in the JHCTES program from 36 to 29 pf or a reduction of 20
percent. The JHCTES then shows 87.66 Khz like the E-Tesla6. This also made
the JHCTES secondary circuit agree more closly with the primary circuit.

I have mentioned in the past on the List and on my Web Site that I recommend
reducing the space capacitance of the toroid and sphere 20%. This is why I
made the Sec Term input of the JHCTES a capacitance (more flexible) rather
than using physical dimensions.

Several years ago when I researched this problem I found that this reduction
made the JHCTES program agree with tests of real world coils. In the
equation

   F = 1/(6.283 sqrt(LC))

I found that the LC product had to be reduced in order to agree with tests
of real world coils. I was not able to determine exactly how the LC should
be changed but did find that reducing the Sec Term 20% of the JHCTES program
gave very good results. It is interesting that Paul has found that the
inductance L rather than the capacitance C should be reduced. It could also
be that both parameters are involved. More testing is required to find the
truth.

I agree with you that a new Tesla coil program should be made as soon as the
necessary test data is available. For the present coilers can use the JHCTES
or similar programs and reduce the Secondary Term 20% and use the E-Tesla6
program to confirm the resonant operating frequency.

John Couture