Re: Safe handling of Capacitors

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Robert Hughes by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <rfhughes-at-epix-dot-net>

> so basically your telling me to use a rod with an insulated grip to
> discharge it by touching the capacitor with on end and then grounding
> the other...
>
> Ok now where do i get a suitable pole?

Hi Robert...

I use a piece of # 6 multistranded wire ( hi power audio cable) attached to
a 3' length of old broom
handle. The ends of the wire are frayed out a bit to make contact easier.
Be sure to remove any
paint that may be on the broom handle, reduces the risk of becoming a
conductor.

Scot D