Re: Safe handling of Capacitors

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim DeLillo by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimdel-at-bellatlantic-dot-net>

> Wouldn't a length of small diam PVC pipe work?

	From what I've observed over the years, the "traditional" way to
discharge capacitors is with the shaft of a screwdriver, preferably with
insulated handle.  If there's enough charge in the capacitor the result
is nice little craters in the screwdriver!  Don't know if anyone has
gotten zapped doing this, but it could be risky if one carelessly got
across the HV.

Ed