Re: HV going to DC (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:57:30 +0200
From: Jan Wagner <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: HV going to DC

Hi,

> Original poster: "jkooi by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jkooi-at-wish-dot-net>
> greetinx every 1,
>
> How can i get DC out of my HV AC  power supply

Rectify with a full bridge diode setup, and store in a small HV
capacitor. Either high-voltage diodes (15kV 5mA diodes for TVs should
be just some $0.01) or if currents are larger then you could use
series 1N400x type diodes.

You can find many schematics for rectification at

	http://repairfaq-dot-org/sam/laserhsc.htm

and just leave out the stuff on the output (laser tube, laser series
resistors)

 - Jan