RE: Warthog coil toroid (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:38:29 -0800
From: Ross Overstreet <ross-o-at-mindspring-dot-com>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE: Warthog coil toroid

Naaah, don't build one.  That thing sucks.  Those TCBFW only get 2 or 3 12
FOOT ARCS out of that Chicken Wire toroid at a time.  On top of the tiny
arcs, the thing only weights a couple of pounds.

Of course it works!  Actually, it ROCKS!  This is coming from one of the
guys who co-hosted the nations largest Teslathon last year.  I've also seen
several professional Tesla Coils put on similar shows with 80lb $1000+
toroids sitting on top.

No such thing as a cheap spun AL toroid.

Seeya,
Ross
http://users.better-dot-org/roverstreet/