Re: Modulated VTTC (plasma tweeter) question (fwd)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 3/26/01 4:44:58 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

SNIP-----

> Well, let's assume that the 6146 runs from 750V, takes 120mA plate
> current, 160V on g2 and g2 current 11mA. (ICAS Class C Telegraphy
> example, RCA manual.)  Unfortunately, I don't have any data at all on
> the 6CL6, much less characteristic curves, so can't do a complete
> trial calculation.  However, if we assume that 160V on the 6146 g2 is
> as high as it ought to go, then take say 110V as minimum and 135V as
> average.

SNIP---

See if this helps:
Max. Ratings (design center values) Class A1 Amp.:
Max plate V                        300
g3 (suppressor) V                  0
g2 (screen)  Supply V      300
g2 V                                        150
g1 (control grid) neg bias   50
                                pos bias   0
plate diss                              7.5w
g2 input                                1.7w
bulb temp                            200C
Typical Operation:
Plate V                                  250
g3 connect to cathode at socket
g2 V                                        150
g1 V                                        -3
Peak AF g1 v                       3
zero sig Plate cur.              30mA
Max.Sig. Plate cur.            31mA
zero sig g2                            7mA
Max. sig g2                          7.2mA
Plate res                                90K-ohm
transconductance              11,000 umho
Load res.                               7.5K-ohm
Tot.Harm.Dist.                   8%
Max. sig.power output    2.8 watts
g1 volts for plate 10uA    -14V
Max. circuit values:
g1 cir.res.(fix.bias)             0.1Megohm
g1 (cathode bias)               0.8Megohm

Matt D.