Re: a good topload...

Original poster: "Troy Peterson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tpeterso-at-home-dot-com>

Has anyone ever tried using a big aluminum globe? I immagine the paint would
wear off rapidly, but it would still look cool to have lightning shooting
from the surface of the world.

Regards,
Troy Peterson

>Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

>Hi Matt,
>
>Bert just posted about chrome metal balls (10" diam. or so) he saw at a
>hardware
>store. I also posted that I've seen these same balls at Home Base (which is
>going
>out of business, so most everything is 15 to 30% off). These look very
>similar to
>the garden glass balls, but I assure you, the ones Bert and I have seen are
not
>glass. I even remember one had a dent in it. At Home Base, they were
>displayed near
>the checkout counter in boxes (one ball per box). Just a thought.
>
>Bart A.
>
>Tesla list wrote:
>
>> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
><fox-at-woozle-dot-org>
>>
>> is hard to find!
>> i've been searching high and low for a nice topload. looking through the
list
>> ive been clued into copper spheres and the like from various websites.
>> yesterday a drive around town trying to find something as simple as a
metal
>> ball. i thought those large marble looking "gazing balls: i see in
peoples
>> garden might have been the answer but i found that they are glass.
although a