pig power, was looking after pigs

Original poster: "Robin Copini by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <rcopini-at-merlin-dot-net.au>

Hi All,

 I've just returned home from a holiday in Sydney and Canberra where I
had the chance to go to the Questacon science centre to look at Bill
Wysocks T.C. on display there.. Instantly recognisable as one of TTR's
coils, If you've never had the chance to gaze upon a professional unit,
do so, the workmanship was top shelf. Unfortunately, they only run it at
2/3rds full power, still very impressive. I was also very gratified at
the very comprehensive description of the theory behind the coil and a
short but definitive description of the debt the 20th century owes to
Mr. Tesla.

 Getting back to the pigs, a new display in the same room as the coil,
is a 3 phase jacobs ladder, three arc rods some 15-20 feet long tower in
an upside-down tripod arrangement directly above an air cooled 3 phase
transformer. Each leg has a seperate inductor/capacitor arrangement and
draws over 100 amps at 415V when operating. The sound is deafening, and
the arc travelling up between the three rods gives a vivid reminder of
the power of raw electricity. I took some pics of this thing as I have
never seen or heard of one so large, will post to Terry for display on
his server.

 Best Regards

 Robin Copini.