Re: Tesla Coil Blunders

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi John C.,

I've tried to calc this in the past, but couldn't get it right. The
effective series resistance was not as easy
as I once thought it was. My personal sonotube coil is off by about a turn
from basic Wheeler/Medhurst calcs. I
find Gary's comment regarding E-Tesla 6 interesting in this investigation.
If E-Tesla 6 can truely identify "on
the mark" the frequency, then the answer is staring us in the face! (should
this be true for all our coils).

Bart A.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>