RE: triggered gaps

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Hi Marc:

I usually don't like to clutter the List with a "way to go!" post, but it
needs to be said.  Way to go!

I don't think the use of triggered gaps will enable longer sparks over a
sync RSG, but it may end up being a much easier to build and easier to
adjust alternative to SRSR's with comparable results.  Terry's SSG does hold
promise for better performance, but at a substantial $ cost.

I would try to use a heavier trigger electrode.  Besides the erosion
problem, a hot electrode generates more ions which is bad for quenching.  I
would think that a tungsten welding rod should hold up well.  Or maybe a
sheet of copper midway between the electrodes?

Do you know if your dimmer circuit provides a variable delay?  I have some
back-of-the-envelope plans for an adjustable trigger circuit, but with my
house in a state of move-preparation, no time or means of trying it.

Gary

>Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>