Grid R/C pulsing of a CW VTTC

Original poster: "David Trimmell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>

Hi, I know several people have used the so called "sputter mode" (R/C time
constant, pseudo staccato) on AC fed VTTC's, but has anyone tried it on a
CW (filterd DC) coil? I ran a test with a single 304TL with filtered DC
and 3-6 uF cap with 50K ohm in the Grid leak, very interesting! It
produced gnarly 12+ inch staccato sounding sparks with only ~5 amps pull
from the mains. Unlike running with AC to the plates, you don't have the
phasing issues that tend to wreck havoc on componants. Just something else
to play with...

Regards,

David Trimmell