Re: cable and enamelled copper wire

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 2/26/01 8:12:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> > Original poster: "Gavin Dingley by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gavin.dingley-at-ukf-dot-net>
> >
> > Hi all,
> > does any of you know of a supplier of high voltage cable (>5kV) and
> enamelled
> > copper wire for secondary coil winding, in the U.K.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your help.
> >
> > Gavin, U.K.

Hi Gavin,

I have used ordinary AWG #10 insulated wire from hardware store run through
polyethylene tubing (also from hardware store) for up to 15KV rms.

Matt D