RE: Magnet wire prices

Original poster: "Duke, Ronn (CCI-San Diego CCC) by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ron.Duke-at-cox-dot-com>

Terry O. (we have to watch that, too many Terrys, Terry F., Terry O. ,
un-Terry, Terry in a basket...WHAT??)

$3 to $4 a pound is a good price for magnet wire. I get my wire from E.I.S
Circuit Supply, http://www.eis-inc-dot-com/corporate/index_cn.html
<http://www.eis-inc-dot-com/corporate/index_cn.html> , they have wire from $2.91
lb. (14ga) to $4.19 lb.(28ga) in 10 lb. spools. These particular quotes are
for heavy Nyleze wire. I live on the left coast, so the EIS near you will
have slightly different prices. Parawire is probably the highest I've seen
at $9 to $14 a pound. If you're a serious coiler/transformer rebuilder.
Buying wire 1500 ft. at a time is not cost efficient. The typical #10 roll
of 24ga. wire will be about 8200 feet.  Just FYI.

Keep on Coilin'
Sparky