Re: Top-electrode corona

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Ken and all,

Very interesting! It may mean that corona/streamer flashes are more likely
to occur when the RF envelope more rapidly overvolts a large radius
topload. There certainly appear to be a number of fundamental differences
in the behavior of your system versus disruptive systems. The relatively
slow rate of rise of the secondary's RF envelope and the (related)
relatively slow rate of energy replenishment during transient spark loading
seem to be the major differences. Your experiments are providing many clues
to this puzzle, but it's going to take a while to sort it all out. Will
discuss the air inertia effect (and possible underlying causes) in another
post when I get a bit more time...

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Kennan C Herrick by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>