RE: TC Primary Coil (was My first TC)

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Thanks for the elaboration John. I think the original poster
questioned why there is more inductance per unit area in the outer
portion of a spiral rather than at the centre. He didn't refer to
helices at all. My reply was an explanation to him. Pri-sec
clearances didn't figure in the original question either unless my
memory fails me.
     A quick (rough) calculation shows that the length of copper in
both examples below is roughly the same at around 38 feet. Both have
the same inductance. Does N (number of turns) matter in single layer
coils? Draw your own conclusions.

Regards,
malcolm