Re: Conical secondaries

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

> Does any one know anything about conical secondaries?

	Some have tried them.
	IIR, the theory is to put more of the secondary down
	where the mag field from the primary is most intense.

> I'm asuming there was some point in Tesla making them.

	He made them early on.  He tried all manner of things at one
	time or another, coils with iron (wire) cores, coils in oil,
	tapered coils.

	It is, perhaps, significant that his next to last large coil
	did not have a conical secondary.  (Colorado Springs).
	I've no idea what was used at Wardencylffe.  (I suspect
	non-conical, but that's speculation...)

	best
	dwp