RE: ballast bobbin...again

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Chris

I have made low voltage bobbins by wrapping craft paper, which has been
saturated with epoxy glue, around a form to the desired thickness. The
result is a rock hard bobbin, but the job is messy and sticky. Put some
spacers between the form and the bobbin so you can easily remove the bobbin
off the form. Since you are using # 8 wire, you will need a rock hard
bobbin. It going to be difficult to pull that wire tight by hand.

Godfrey Loudner