Re: Tesla's World Electrical System

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Michael.Day-at-USPTO.GOV>

	Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<wysock-at-ttr-dot-com>

	To all on the Tesla List.

	I (personally) believe that Tesla had indeed
	solved the riddle of (almost lossless) electrical energy
transmission
	(without wires).

	Respectfully,

	Bill Wysock.

Greetings Group,

I don't believe in a lossless system, rather I think all systems have
losses.  Further, I believe that Tesla was planning to extract energy
from sources on Earth.  Specifically, thunder storms.  A typical
thunder produces on the order of 10 MW of power.  Furthermore,
there are hundreds of storms present on Earth at any given time.
If a fraction of the energy could be extracted...  Members of the
group seem to be mainly interested in large sparks.  Not so Tesla.
Little wonder no one sees an energy build up.  I suspect that Tesla
was trying to stimulate standing waves in the ionosphere or in the
Earth's magnetic field or both (my words, not his).  Such standing
waves would act as a minor perturbation that might stimulate electrical
discharges in a storm, amplifying the standing wave.

Alternatively, maybe he had something grander in mind.

It is of interest to me that he had designed and built wireless motors.
Has anyone tried reproduced any wireless motors?  I further suspect that
if Tesla had succeeded in a world power system, wireless motors would
have revolutionized space travel.  The problem with rockets has always
been the high weight to thrust ratio.  By separating the power source
from the object you are trying to lift, you might vastly improve efficiency.

It would certainly simplify the design requirements.

This is interesting speculation, however, I have no interest in designing,
building, or testing of such Earth shaking equipment that would be capable
of stimulating standing waves in Earth.  Give me a solid-state magnifier
with a k = 0.674, and I will give you a standing wave of a different kind.
For
that, however, it seems that we don't have the switches.

respectfully,

-MHD