Re: Primary dummy-loading

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Duncan, Gary, all

Yes I think a resistive load could not react like a secondary;
when you have a secondary in place you normaly have transfer of
energy from the primary to the secondary and back to the primary
( if you don't have a streamer occuring ) and the streamer don't
necessarily happen at first notch. I doubt a resistive load could
give this kind of envelope. For certain test resistive load are
OK but it will not give you a right image of the reality. I
regret but I have no good idea of a way to emulated a secondary
in real condition ... may be other ?

cheers,

Luc Benard

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>