Re: Topless Coils

Original poster: "B2 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bensonbd-at-erols-dot-com>

Hi Chris,

> Any ideas on how to hang a topload without setting the roof on fire? If I
> use chain I'll just make the buiding into a topload (and promptly ground-out
> my secondary), will rope work? Thread?

    Heavy duty weed whacker line works great up to 2.5 MV.  Use about 10'
per megavolt and clean it with reagent grade ethanol before each use.
Isopropyl will work if you can get the kind without any additives.

Cheers,
Barry