Re: Multiwound coil possibilities for Earth Resonance

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

> One of the first military applications Of ELF
> transmissions was to create extraordinary length
> antennas for EM propagation through the earth as a
> medium. I think the Michigan array may use 22 miles.
> So does this necessarily place efforts by ordinary
> individuals to nothing?

The size and power of the Michigan array (which is buried by the way), is a
reflection of the fact that losses in the "antenna" dominate, and to
actually radiate (that is, start propagating) roughly a watt of RF takes
several Megawatts of input power to the radiator.  Building a suitably high
Q (i.e. low loss) electrical resonator at 15 Hz is no easy matter.
(mechanically, it's easy to get high Q at low frequency, consider a
pendulumn operating in a vacuum).