Re: Conical secondaries

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <wysock-at-ttr-dot-com>

Dear Steve, and All,

The post below reads very much like experiments I did back in the
early 1980's with my Model 10 Tesla Coil.  The exact year was, I
think, 1982.  I also had set up an experiment where I had (d.c. charged)
an energy storage capacitor, and then triggered its energy dump by way
of the Model 10 Tesla Coil.  D.C. Cox (Resonance Research fame)
was there to witness this event and captured the resulting discharge
on his camera.  This event is shown on my web site at: www.ttr-dot-com.
In my case, the result was a hugh braod-band r.f. EMP!  It even
wiped out the 300 MHz battery-operated wireless transmitters
that were a part of my residental security system.  I also had to
reemburse several next-door neighbors, for damage to their T.V.
sets, and numerous other (household) appliances.

So if any of you (on this list) are contemplating doing these sort
of experiments, I *stronly* urge you to do so, only (inside of)
a well-constructed Faraday Screen Room.  FWIW!

Bill Wysock.

> Date:          Sun, 06 May 2001 13:11:19 -0600
> From:          "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: Conical secondaries

> Original poster: "Steve Rosenthal by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sdrosen-at-cwia-dot-com>

<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/ball1.jpg>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/ball1.jpg

il>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/sdCoil.jpg>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/sdCoil
> > > .jpg

> <<mailto:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>mailto:bert.hickman
> -at-aquila-dot-net>bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net
> <<http://www.teslamania-dot-com>http://www.teslamania-dot-com>http://www.teslamania.
> com>http://www.teslamania-dot-com

Tesla Technology Research