Re:longitudinal faster then light paradox (Tesla's World Electrical System )

Original poster: "Troy Peterson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tpeterso-at-home-dot-com>

Hmmm, interesting...
<Snip>
>for a message because if at 4:00pm i send you a message, then you would
>have to listen for the message at 2:00pm, then you reply at 2:10, then i
>would hear your reply before i send the message. so if i sent myself a
>message at 4:00pm and i always had the unit turned on and listening, i
>would hear my message before i sent it and therefore not need to send my
>message, therefore never send the message in the first place?

I believe physicists refer to this as causality, the principle that an
effect must have a cause and that cause must come before the effect. If the
cause came after the effect there would be nothing that causes that effect
to happen in the first place (i.e. if you got the reply first there's no
reason to send the message so you would never have had to send it in the
first place and thus you never get the reply.....)

Off topic I know. Sorry Terry, just had to toss my bit in on this -
couldn't pass it up :)

Regards,
Troy Peterson [VE7SOK]