Re: polycrylic

Original poster: "albert hassick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi fox,  It sounds to me that you got a can of the water based Minwax
coating.  It is not something that I would want to use on a good medium
to high powered Tesla.  It may work ok on the low powered stuff, but I
would be cautious in the use of any kind of water based poly in Tesla
use.  Much better to get the good old varnish type polyurethane or at
least some good shellac based coating.  JMO.  Al.

On Tue, 08 May 2001 22:50:45 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>
>
> hi all,
> i got some stuff by min-wax called polycrylic. the liquid is milky
> white
> but it dries clear. i was wondering if it was worth a try for
> coating a
> secondary. im looking for something thats crytal clear. what are
> people
> using these days?
>
> -fox

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!