Re: Spark Gap Type help

In a message dated 5/12/01 2:15:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> via bps.   As an alternative, you can try using 200 bps sync.
>  I assume you optimised your ballast setting which is very important
>  at 100 bps.
>
>  John Freau

Ted,

What I meant also, is that with a small cap at 100 bps, you'd
need to use resonant charging to get a large enough bang size
(due to higher voltage), to get long sparks.  To obtain resonant
charging would require a certain (optimal) value of ballast L.
I realize this may destroy the NST's however    :(       Thus,
I recommended the higher bps for your system.

John Freau