Re: New Lab, Family Coil, 1st Light

In a message dated 5/14/01 1:45:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  >Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
>  <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>
>  <snip>
>  >
>  >Query: If running 2 matched Maxwells in series, is there any
>  >advantage/disadvantage to putting one on each leg with primary between
>  them?

Matt, Gary,

I have tested this equidrive configuration in my coil, and found no difference
in performance, so I agree with Gary's assessment.  A
disadvantage of this arrangement is that one must use a metal
shorting bar to discharge the caps everytime the coil is fired, for safety.

John Freau