Re: Toroid Eddy Current?

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Terry,
          I think of your three possibilities below, the current
distribution is possibly the one that counts most unless the terminal
is plonked right on the top of the windings. I can't buy the
conductivity argument - toroids can and are made to be very
conductive. It's an interesting one though - the presence of the
terminal does modify the current distribution. As far as coupling
goes - consider the difference between a flat spiral positioned a
couple of inches below the bottom resonator turn (which can easily
give k of 0.2 to the resonator) and a flat-bottomed "toroid" of the
type I use positioned a couple of inches above the top of the coil.

??

Malcolm