Re: motor winder in dallas

Original poster: "Daniel Hess by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dhess1-at-us.ibm-dot-com>

Inman;

Had a sec and was re-reading your note and see you have milling equipment
available. Do you work with G11 and/or aluminum? One of my 1st. projects
once I get moved in is to build a rotary spark gap and I need to find a
decent machinist that can work with G11. Understand that it requires
diamond-tipped tools to work with the stuff. I also need an aluminum ring
(about 12" outer diameter x .25" thick (9" inner diam.)) fabricated,
mounted to the G11 disk and balanced. Does this sound like something along
the lines of your expertise? I'm only interested in hiring your services;
Not looking for any freebies.

If so, I'll send you more detailed information. I've been on this project
for nearly six months but with the move & all haven't had much time to
devote to it. If not, perhaps you can refer me to  a decent machine shop,
rather than me just picking someone out of the yellow pages.

I also have a motor that I need flats milled on the rotor, for synchronous
operation.

Thanks,

Daniel

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 05/12/2001 01:03:03 PM