Re: Repost: NST VA Rating and Power Factor

> I have two NSTs, both 12kv at 60ma, high power factor (rated 400va).  It is
> my understanding that the HPF NSTs have a built in capacitor to correct the
> current lag due to the inductive load.  Adding the PFC cap reduces the input
> current without reducing the output.  See also Terry's posts on PFC caps.

	Note that the NST power factor correction is for use with a RESISTIVE
load on the secondary.  When you connect an NST to a TC primary you have
a capacitive load to start with, and the PFC on the line may or not
lower the line input current to the PFC/NST in parallel.  It's not
obvious to me that PFC's make sense in that case.

Ed