RE: HV transformers for sale

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi All

I have much empathy for HV enthusiasts searching for transformers. After
reacquiring my past interest in HV, I began a search for a free pole pig. In
my immediate area, I could not get one for free or for money. Living only a
four hour drive to T&R Electric, I went there and bought a pole pig for
$250. I appreciated that T&R Electric did not treat me like I was a mad
scientist. This was my initiation to the high expense of HV transformers. At
great cost I have acquired other HV transformers which had to be freighted.
Freighting charges = murder incorporated. I have quit buying transformers
because of freighting charges. Freighting charges have cured me of my
transformer mania. The final blow came from freighting charges on a PCB free
x-ray transformer. Here you have these wonderful transformers in Toronto,
especially the 20KV/16.5KVA. If you think that freighting charges in the USA
are bad, then try out the charges in Canada--I did. Its a sorry situation
that only the wealthy, or those suffering from mania, will have a chance to
get these transformers. The few HV transformers that make it to ebay sell
for outrageous prices, not including freighting. In the USA, where a million
pole pigs are sitting idle, I fully believe that most coilers will never own
a pole pig. I wish there was a solution, but there is none. When my age of
divestment comes, I'm going to give my transformers away for free to coilers
willing to drive a reasonable distance.

Godfrey Loudner