Re: spark gap muffler?

Hi John, Bill,

Just to add to John's post regarding gap noise and spark noise (I'll be brief):

When I first built my coil, the gap made most of the noise. As changes were
made
and knowledge was being soaked in and applied, the coil began running more
efficient including longer sparks. One day I noticed the spark was the main
sourse
of noise. If the gap is making most of the noise, then the coil is not
getting the
power to the spark and it is being lost elsewhere.

Bart A.