Conformity magazine update

Hi All,

Bob scanned the recent letters from Conformity Magazine and I posted them at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/conform1.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/conform2.jpg

These involve Garry's comments about touching streamers and such in
response to an article that suggested that this was not real dangerous.

99.999% of the time, touching streamers is not fatal.  However, that other
0.001% is a real "killer"!

The "skin effect" idea about tesla coil currents going safely over the
surface of the skin is a myth.  Those currents tend to go through nerves
and blood vessels but the nerves simply do not report the damage.  Ill
effects have been noted from that, but the big danger is the primary arcing
though and delivering lethal jolts.  Thus, "playing" with arcs is highly
discouraged!!  Machines that generate hundreds of thousands of volts and
thousands of amps are nothing to be going up and touching!!

http://www.pupman-dot-com/safety.htm
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Safety/safety.htm

For the newer folks, three people are known to have been killed by Tesla
coils.  A master, a bystander, and a small child have been killed by Tesla
coils.  It is always a number one priority to keep that list from growing...

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/Deaths.txt

The more I learn about Tesla coils, the further back I get...

Cheers,

	Terry