Re: MOT, and doubler

Original poster: "Matt Shayka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <flyboxboy-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Mark,
I don't think that they have to be identical to be used in series-I have
done this before. But when you hook them in series you are somewhat
compromising the insulation of the secondaries. So I don't recommend putting
any more than two in series. You get Pole Pig look-alike arcs from these
things and they are deadly so be careful. On an average MOT I can pull out a
6" inch arc max for about 2sec. If I recall right I was able to get 10" from
two without a ballast but it tripped the breaker in my safety box almost
immediatly. Well, good luck scrounging and be careful.

Matt Shayka
Geek#1127 G-1