RE: spark gap muffler? -> More tuning questions.

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>
>My biggest question still is how much effect wind has on streamer
>length, and I geuss too it depends on how much wind.  I would think a
>streamer could follow a light breeze, just as the spark from a jacobs
>ladder follows the hot ionized air rising.

My untested suspicion is that any breeze will have a big impact on
streamer performance.

>Also, I've been waiting to run at night (since it has to run outdoors),
>thinking that I won't be able to see the streamers in daylight, yet I
>often see pictures of running coils in well lit rooms.

Some of the photos on my site appear to be in a well lit garage.  In
reality the garage was as dark as I could make it.  Since the photo was
a time exposure over several seconds, the light from the gap and
whatever ambient light will make the garage look much brighter than it
actually was.
<snip>