Re: caps and JL

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Jonathon,

Right concept, but you'll want to use a lot less capacitance than a typical
MMC. For example, for Halloween, I use a 500 pF 40 kV cap in parallel with
a pair of 15 kV 60 MA NST's to help start the arc. It changes the sound of
the arc from a sort of hissing-humming sound to a very evil "snappy and
snarly" sound... :^)

Try it (with a smaller 200-500 pF) - you'll like it!

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering