RE: caps and JL

Hi Joe,

When you run a say 15/60 into 30nF you will probably hit a point where the
power suddenly jumps way high as you turn up the input voltage.  The NST
will growl from all the current and the lights may dim before the breaker
pops.  We think this is do to the internal current shunts saturating and
losing their ability to bypass magnetic flux.  Thus, the NST looses much of
it's current limiting ability.

Beware that the current is super high and this condition may blow the NST.
I put fuses on the inputs of my NSTs to stop them if they go into this
state.  My small coil operates just on the edge of this effect.  If the
rotary gap timing is off some, the current and voltage can go wild so the
fuse protects it.

I have thought of using this effect to get more power from an NST (SLTR)
but I never have found a way to control the effect enough.

Cheers,

	Terry