Re: sparks running down secondary - why?

Hi Antonio, All,

Paul Nicholson has just made a movie that shows the voltage along the
secondary during a gap firing.  I think the coupling is .11 but I have
asked him if he can redo it with a much higher coupling.  There is a third
harmonic effect that may make high voltage areas on the secondary and thus
promote the racing arcs.  Still more to do before that is verified but the
movie is fascinating to those interested in such things.  It is 1.4M bytes
MPEG:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/tfsm2-p[1].mpeg

Perhaps this work will finally unlock this racing arc mystery...

Cheers,

	Terry