Re: MMC

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Clearspring1-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Chris,

> The Group is (within the next few
>  weeks) going to guarentee it's caps. This will be a retroactive guarentee
>
>  everyone who has already bought a Group MMC cap and also for future sales.
>  It will basically be something along the lines of "If you buy your MMC
caps
>  from the Group, hook them up in a properly designed manner and run them
>  within reasonable limits (their design specs) and they fail, we'll send ya
>  new ones in exchange for the old ones (we autopsy the old ones to see how
>  you killed it).
>
>  What do you guys think of this? Ideas? Thoughts?

Me, I like the idea of a guarantee!  But I do think that for the peace of
mind of the Group and your purchasers it is mandatory to have some
unambiguous language defining "properly designed manner" and "reasonable
limits".  As for using the design specs as a definition, isn't it common
practice to use MMC caps at AC voltage levels equal to their DC ratings?  If
so, everyone fails to meet your guarantee criteria.  So all this will take
some thinking about what you wish to guarantee.  As one with a passing
knowledge of legal language, I'd be happy to help the Group come up with
phrasing that meets your needs (without charge, of course) if you contact me
off the List.

Regards,

Michael Tandy