From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 9:35 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Door knob caps...follow up

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Tracy Fort by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><theforts-at-home-dot-com>

>Can someone point me to a good website that explains how to build the
>saltwater caps and maybe how many to use in this setup.

>Tracy

www.thegeekgroup-dot-org would be a great site...but the server's dowm, so I'll
post it here for ya :)

Though terribly lossy, a decent cap can be made for Tesla coil service for
under $50 in about an hour that is easily repaired and ill give you years of
service if properly maintained. Tesla himself used SW (Saltwater) caps, but
Cap technology has progressed a bit in the past hundred years and the
current choice is Metalised film polypropylene. But if cost is a serious
issue, and performance isn't, SW caps are the way to go.